I’ve decided to kill my reposting habit. And, since this is a blog, I shall now precede to explain why. That’s what blogs are for!
I repost a fair bit. I read another blog, and think to myself “wow, this stuff is brilliant/this topic is horrifying and needs to be shared/I think my readers would be interested”. That little “repost” button is really easy to click… really easy. I realised recently though, that sometimes I end up reposting far more than I actually post – and I don’t think I like it. Sharing links is fine for a tweet, but a blog is supposed to have real content of it’s own. When I read another blog, I’m going there to read that blog’s content – not stuff they’ve re-posted from another blog (no matter how good).
Reposting is not the style I want to go for at all. But fear not, those-who-just-read-my-blog-to-read-other-peoples-stuff-not-mine! I have stumbled instead on a more elegant and personalised solution to sharing important content which I feel you may benefit from. Instead of madly attacking that “repost” button like a zombie on speed*, I shall instead endeavour to produce infrequent summations of recent posts, articles or papers which I have come across and wish to share.
I’ve correspondingly cleaned up my archives, but don’t worry – if you previously found a good link via this blog and desire to retain it, I’m here providing a list of all the things I’ve just posted a link to… ever****! I guess that makes this my first round-up post. So, if you missed any of these – they are worth a look:
- Bedroom tax will put people on streets while homes go empty (Vox Political)
- Not By Default (Hidden Courage)
- Just when you thought the DWP/Atos death trail couldn’t get worse… (Vox Political)
- The government’s plan to smash workers’ rights (Vox Political)
- We Must Move Forward (x-rx)
- Democracy? What democracy? (Ron’s Rants)
- Cameron’s hatred of the sick and disabled is increasingly lethal… (Ron’s Rants)
- Signs of a Terrible Doctor (Hidden Courage)
- Public Comment on the PACE Trial (Janelle Wiley)
- The DWP, the law, and ATOS (Diary of a Benefit Scrounger)
- Disability benefits – who’s really faking it? (Vox Political)
- Positive Thinking (Peter Kemp, Co-Cure)
- Can’t Drive 95 (Occupy CFS)
- Universal Credit, Self Employment and the Minimum Wage (The Void)
- Theology, Culture and ME (Brian Schmidt)
- Run Rabbit Run (Diary of a Benefit Scrounger)
- CDC must change (Slightly Alive)
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, PEM & CFS/ME (Lucy Dechéne)
- Poverty is Caused By The Rich Not The Poor (The Void)
- The Imperative to Be Abled: The ReWalk Exo-Skeleton (Disability and Representation)
- RIP Karen Sherlock (Diary of a Benefit Scrounger)
- PEM: Power to the People (Research 1st)
- Paper on immune dysfunction in ME/CFS, Potential Biomarker (Translational Medicine)
- It’s all in your Head (Diary of a Benefit Scrounger)
- Friends: Types? (Hidden Courage)
*For the sake of those coming across this site in a post-Zapocalyptic world**, I do not wish to imply by this that I have any insight into the interactions between drugs and the Z-virus, or those infected with it. Sorry.
**Nor do I think there is going to be a Zapocalypse; I have consumed vastly higher than normal quantities of both sugar and caffeine***. This is the result.
***Don’t you dare let this knowledge prevent you from providing me with sugary and/or caffeinated goods though.
****Except for the list of 20 interesting English words, of which the original post has now been removed. Sorry guys, you’ll just have to read a dictionary.
I think my next policy might be “no excessive use of footnotes”.